“Sometimes I sit and think, sometimes I just sit”
Sometimes you just don’t want to meditate.
When this happens, don’t give up the practice, but just sit.
Simply sitting in stillness can give your mind and body the time to ‘wind down’. You might even notice your body telling you things (like discomfort) when you give it time to simply sit and be – doing NOTHING.
Exercise in Stillness
- Take a few moments to sit and relax in stillness (5-10mins is good)
- That’s it
- If your mind wanders, let it – be curious without engaging
- You may like to incorporate your senses
- When complete reflect for a few moments before resuming your day
I hope you enjoy.
P.S. When you’re ready here’s 3 ways you can put yourself first and explore your meditation/fulfilment journey with me:
- Grab a copy of my book Pyjama Meditation as a great guide to get you started with your at home meditation practice here
- Explore the Pyjama Meditation Video Library – learn more here
- Join me for weekly online meditation classes here