“Reading is a way for me to expand my mind, open my eyes,
and fill up my heart”
I consider working in public libraries a blessing. How lucky am I that part of my work is getting to work with, play with, and share books. I love it!
My house is full of them.
And one of my favourite practices in my SPIRIT Mornings is to read something that uplifts and inspires me. Is there a better way to start the day?
Let me share – and give you some tips on how I make the most of my reading in the morning…
Tips to love choosing & reading:
- Think about what you’re looking for (there is literally a book on every subject you can think of)
- Have a couple on the go for different moods
- Have notepaper/journal handy for insights
- Stick with non-fiction for spirit mornings
- Utilise your public library
Here’s a few recommended titles from me, and class attendees:
- Ask and it is given – Abraham Hicks
- Afformations – Noah St John
- Mindfulness for Beginners – Jon Kabat Zinn
- Man’s search for meaning – Viktor Frankl
- Enlightenment to go – David Michie
- Destressifying – Davidji
- Long walk to Freedom – Nelson Mandela Biography
- (Got a title you think should go here? Contact me and let me know)
I hope you enjoy.
P.S. When you’re ready here’s 3 ways you can put yourself first and explore your meditation/fulfilment journey with me:
- Grab a copy of my book Pyjama Meditation as a great guide to get you started with your at home meditation practice here
- Explore the Pyjama Meditation Video Library – learn more here
- Join me for weekly online meditation classes here