Hello Pyjama Meditators 🙂
I invite you to join me for this ‘Mantra Meditation’ which is perfect to do whenever you need some focus and calm your scattered mind.
For this meditation I invite you to bring your awareness to an internal ‘mantra’. On your natural breath you simply repeat your chosen mantra within. When the mind wanders, you simply invite it back to your mantra.
Mantra simply means ‘mind vehicle’ and there are unlimited mantras to choose from. For this session I invite you to choose one mantra:
- I am
- So Hum
- Hum Sa
So get comfortable and let’s begin…..
- Find a comfortable seated position
- Check in with your posture – Legs, back, shoulders/arms, hands, neck, jaw, eyes
- Bring your awareness to your breath
- When you’re ready simply begin repeating (internally, silently) your mantra on your breath
- eg. inhale ‘I’, exhale, ‘Am’ (or your chosen mantra)
- When/if your mind wanders simply return your attention back to mantra
- Again and again, without judgment
- Remain for your chosen length of time
- When complete allow the focus, become aware of your surroundings
- Resume your day, with a smile