Long Slow Deep Breathing
3 Minute Pyjama Yoga
Said to be the ‘king of stress reliever breaths’, this long slow deep breathing is a wonderful way to help you relax more, and stress less.
Whether you practise for just 3 mins or more you’re sure to gain some benefit from being with your breath consciously in this way.
- Get yourself into a comfortable seated meditation position (chair, floor – wherever your comfortable)
- Place your hands in ‘gyan mudra’ (index finger and thumb to touch) or comfortably on your lap
- Eyes gently closed – focus attention on the sensations of your breath
- Begin long slow deep breaths – accessing the 3 chambers of your body – belly, chest, upper chest
- Breath through your nose if you can manage it. If it’s blocked uses you mouth, but have the intention of breathing through your nose
- Continue for 3 mins (or more if you’re feeling stressed)
- To end, allow your breath to return to a soft, natural breath. Pause for a few moments and notice the affects on your body
- When you’re ready, open your eyes, have a stretch, and continue your day – hopefully feeling a little less stressed 🙂
I hope you enjoy this 3 minute pyjama yoga. Feel free to share with anyone who you think might enjoy it 🙂