Hello Pyjama Meditators 🙂
I invite you to join me for this ‘Humming Bee Meditation’ which is perfect to do whenever you need some focus and calm.
For this meditation I invite you to bring your awareness to humming and the breath.
See if you can notice and explore the vibrations and sounds of 7 out loud humming breaths, then 3 silent humming breaths, then sitting in silence.
So get comfortable and let’s begin…..
*Please note: NOT recommended if you have an ear infection or tinnitus.
- Find a comfortable seated position
- Check in with your posture – Legs, back, shoulders/arms, neck, jaw, eyes
- Bring your fingers up to block your ears (comfortably)
- Inhale deeply and exhale ‘huuummmmmm’ for 7 breaths
- Then relax your hands down
- Inhale and exhale ‘huuummmmmm’ silently in your mind for 3 breaths
- Then allow the hum to fade and explore and listen to internal sounds/feel vibrations
- When/if your mind wanders simply return your attention back to sound
- Again and again, without judgment
- Remain for your chosen length of time
- When complete allow the focus, become aware of your surroundings
- Resume your day, with a smile