Supercharge Your Concentration
This is a meditation I came across as a mindfulness exercise for kids – but it’s sooo good for adults too.
This is an ‘active’ meditation – meaning you’re moving as you meditate. The movements aren’t big (tapping your fingertips and counting) but it’s great at keeping your body and mind focussed.
1-5, 5-1 Fingers Meditation
- Take a few moments to sit, breathe and check in with your posture – Legs, back, arms, hands in ‘Prayer’, neck, jaw, eyes
- When settled bring your awareness to your fingers and tap fingertips together (1=thumb – 5 = little finger)
- Count along in your mind (1thumb, 2 index, 3 middle, 4 ring, 5 little – then count backwards tapping 5-1)
- If your mind wanders, that’s ok, just return to your finger counting again from 1
- When complete reflect for a few moments before resuming your day
I hope you enjoy.
P.S. When you’re ready here’s 3 ways you can put yourself first and explore your meditation/fulfilment journey with me:
- Grab a copy of my book Pyjama Meditation as a great guide to get you started with your at home meditation practice here
- Explore the Pyjama Meditation Video Library – learn more here
- Join me for weekly online meditation classes here