Brighten your meditation with colour
Using your mind to visualise colour is another great way to anchor your thoughts in the present moment.
Remember, though, how you visualise, or imagine, or feel/sense colour is up to you – there is no right or wrong way to do it – simply find what works for you.
As you breath colours in and out – you can also imagine elements like bringing healing into your body – and releasing unwanted energies on your exhales.
Colours on the breath Meditation
- Take a few moments to sit, relax and breathe.
- When you’re ready, gently section your breath into 3 parts
- Inhale WHITE (revitalising, healing energy)
- Suspend/pause RED (energy becoming one with cells)
- Exhale BLUE (releasing what no longer serves you)
- Continue breathing in this way for your allotted time
- If you get distracted, that’s ok – simply return as needed
- When complete sit for a few moments before resuming your day
P.S. When you’re ready here’s 3 ways you can put yourself first and explore your meditation/fulfilment journey with me:
- Grab a copy of my book Pyjama Meditation as a great guide to get you started with your at home meditation practice here
- Explore the Pyjama Meditation Video Library – learn more here
- Join me for weekly online meditation classes here