Hello Pyjama Meditators 🙂
I invite you to join me for this ‘Breath Counting Meditation’ which is perfect to do anytime you need a little centering, and is a great way to bring your mind and breath together, for more mindfulness and relaxation.
For this meditation I invite you to simply bring your awareness to your breath and inhale for the count of 4, then exhale for the count of 4.
There’s no need to control your breath in any way – simply follow your natural breath cycle. You don’t have to lengthen and deepen your breath but you may find it slows and deepen naturally. Just find a breath that’s comfortable for you.
So get comfortable and let’s begin…..
- Find a comfortable seated position
- Check in with your posture – Legs, back, shoulders/arms, neck, jaw, eyes
- Bring your awareness to your natural breath
- Begin counting on your breath
- Inhale count 1 2 3 4 (in your mind)
- Exhale count 1 2 3 4
- When/if your mind wanders simply return your attention back to your breath
- Again and again, without judgment
- Remain for your chosen length of time
- When complete allow the count to fade, become aware of your surroundings
- Resume your day, with a smile