Power of Afformations
“Your mind has what you might call an automatic search function, which means that when you ask yourself a question,
your mind automatically begins to search for an answer.”
Noah St John
If you’ve ever read any self help book you’ve probably heard of Affirmations – positive statements that you repeat to yourself. Don’t get me wrong – affirmations are great, but sometimes your logical/conscious mind has trouble believing positive statements like ‘I am worthy’ or ‘I am beautiful’ and it can leave you struggling to find truth in them – which can leave you feeling a little ‘less than’.
Afformations, on the other hand, are something I’ve only come across this year – and I LOVE them. They have become part of my daily practice, and while subtle, have a powerful way of helping your subconscious mind seek positive elements of life. And tend to overcome resistance of your mind.
How Afformations differ from Affirmations:
- Affirmations are statements (I am enough)
- Afformations are questions (Why am I enough?)
- By asking a questions your mind seeks an answer (unconsciously)
- You don’t need to answer the question – or believe it as truth
Try this meditation audio…
I hope you enjoy.
P.S. When you’re ready here’s 3 ways you can put yourself first and explore your meditation/fulfilment journey with me:
- Grab a copy of my book Pyjama Meditation as a great guide to get you started with your at home meditation practice here
- Explore the Pyjama Meditation Video Library – learn more here
- Join me for weekly online meditation classes here